Standard HD44780 LCDs are useful for creating standalone projects.
- 16 characters wide, 2 rows
- White text on blue background
- Connection port is 0.1" pitch, single row for easy breadboarding and wiring
- Pins are documented on the back of the LCD to assist in wiring it up
- Single LED backlight included can be dimmed easily with a resistor or PWM and uses much less power than LCD with EL (electroluminescent) backlights
- Can be fully controlled with only 6 digital lines! (Any analog/digital pins can be used)
- Built in character set supports English/Japanese text, see the HD44780 datasheet for the full character set
- Up to 8 extra characters can be created for custom glyphs or 'foreign' language support
- Comes with necessary contrast potentiometer and strip of header
For more information, check out Adafruit's detailed step-by-step Arduino+LCD tutorial
- PCB Dimensions: 36mm x 80.6mm x 1mm / 1.4" x 3.2" x 0.04"
- Screen Dimensions: 24mm x 69mm / 0.9" x 2.7"
- Height (pcb+screen): 8.4mm / 0.33"
- detailed step-by-step Arduino+LCD tutorial
- a datasheet that has pin-locations and more
- Character LCD with Raspberry Pi or BeagleBone Black
- Trinket Ultrasonic Rangefinder
- Trinket Temperature & Humidity LCD Display
- Portable Solar Charging Tracker
- Reverse Geocache Box
- Arduino Lesson 12. LCD Displays - Part 2
- Arduino Lesson 11. LCD Displays - Part 1
- Light Meter
- i2c/SPI LCD Backpack
- Drive a 16x2 LCD with the Raspberry Pi
- Character LCDs