Your theyarable can now keep you from getting sunburnt, with the Flora digital UV index sensor. Adafruit took Adafruit's popular SI1145 UV index sensor and cut out everything you don't need for using with a Flora. It's small, round, and connects to the I2C bus pads. Flora can even use Adafruit's library code to get calibrated light level and UV index data from the sensor.
Please note: this sensor can be used by Flora but is too complex for Gemma!
To use: connect the 3V, SDA and SCL, and GND pads of the sensor to your Flora 3V/SDA/SCL/GND pads, in that order. Then load up Adafruit's Arduino library and example code from Adafruit's tutorial to your Flora.
- IR Sensor Spectrum: Wavelength: 550nm-1000nm (centered on 800)
- Visible Light Sensor Spectrum: Wavelength: 400nm-800nm (centered on 530)
- Voltage Supply: Power with 3 VDC
- I2C address 0x60 (7-bit)
- Operating Temperature: -40°C ~ 85°C
Breakout Board details:
- Diameter: 14mm / 0.6"
- Height: 2mm / 0.08"
- Weight: 0.3g
- Flora can even use our library code to get calibrated light level and UV index data from the sensor.
- To use: connect the 3V, SDA and SCL, and GND pads of the sensor to your Flora 3V/SDA/SCL/GND pads, in that order. Then load up our Arduino library and example code from our tutorial to your Flora.
- Datasheets, Fritzing objects, and EagleCAD PCB files available in the tutorial
- SI1145 Datasheet
- SiLabs product page for the SI1145
- Fritzing objects for both breakout & Flora version in Adafruit Fritzing Library
- EagleCAD PCB files for Flora version
- EagleCAD PCB files for breakout version
- FLORA Sensors
- Sunscreen Reminder Hat
- Adafruit SI1145 Breakout Board - UV index / IR / Visible Sensor