A robot friend to sit on your desk and scroll the news, weather, or your Twitter feed - it's the Pimoroni Scroll Bot!
The Scroll Bot Kit combines the Pi Zero W with the new Scroll pHAT HD board, and masquerades as a friendly orange robot, perfect for sitting on your desk or on a shelf. It's ideal for scrolling messages or for simple animations and, of course, it takes advantage of the built-in wireless LAN on the Pi Zero W. It'll take around 30 minutes to assemble everything (check out Pimoroni's assembly guide for details). All you need to add is your own micro-SD card and a USB power supply.
- Pi Zero W
- Scroll pHAT HD with 17x7 individually dimmable white LEDs
- Male and female 2x20 pin headers
- Orange robot stand and diffuser
- 50cm USB A to micro-B cable
- USB A (female) to micro B (male) adaptor
- Mini to full-size HDMI adaptor
- Sticker sheet (personalize your Scroll Bot!)
- Comes in a reusable kit box
Scroll Bot uses the new Scroll pHAT HD board, a dense matrix of 17x7 (119 total) bright white LEDs. Each pixel's brightness can be controlled individually, meaning that it's possible to create stunning animations or even anti-aliased text. The LED matrix sits behind Scroll Bot's mouth, and the frosted orange acrylic diffuses the LEDs beautifully.
Use the built-in wireless LAN to make your Scroll Bot internet-connected and have him/her/it inform you of the latest news, weather, track hashtags or mentions on Twitter, or much, much more.
- 17x7 matrix of bright white pixels (119 total)
- Individual PWM brightness control of each pixel
- Uses the IS31FL3731 LED matrix driver chip
- 3-layer orange robot stand and diffuser
- Pi Zero W with single core CPU and built-in wireless LAN and Bluetooth
- USB and HDMI adapter kit
- 50cm USB A to micro-B cable (power your Pi from an existing charger or computer)
- Python library
- Female and male headers require soldering
The Pimoroni Scroll Bot - Pi Zero W Project Kit appears in the following collections: