The Adafruit "midnight hacker" is a Leatherman Squirt ES4 and a very handy, unique key-chain size multi-tool. The E4 sets you up with 20GA, 18GA, 16GA, 14GA and 12GA wire strippers and electrical wire cutters to handle all kinds of precise jobs. The gripping edges on the ES4's spring-action pliers help you get a firm grasp on fuses, small cables, and many hard-to-reach items.
- 420HC Clip Point Knife
- Spring-action Needlenose Pliers
- Medium Screwdriver
- Flat/Phillips Screwdriver
- Wood/Metal File
- Wire Cutters
- Wire Strippers: 20GA, 18GA, 16GA, 14GA, and 12GA
- Bottle Opener
- Etched with Adafruit's laser, says "midnight hacker"
- Stainless Steel with Anodized Aluminum Handle Scales
- Stainless Steel Body
- Outside-accessible Tools
- Key Ring Attachment
- Available color: Black, dark, cold - like our heart
- 25-year Warranty
Leatherman is no longer offering their tools with torx, they went back to rivets. Here's a note directly from them to us.
We made a running change to the PS4 and the ES4 within the first couple of months of manufacturing them. We originally designed them to have torx screws, but discovered that the torx screws did not work as they had intended with the handles. It was decided to switch to rivets at that point.
You should not be receiving mixed shipments as they made this change several months ago. I let our warehouse know to check inventory. All inventory at this time are put together with rivets.
We have not yet updated the picture on the website, but will as quickly as possible. All current PS4 and ES4 tools come with rivets.
- 2.25 in | 5.72 cm (closed)
- 1.9 oz | 56.4 g
- 1.6 in | 4.06 cm (blade length)