This is Adafruit's first clock kit design, made with a retro Russian display tube!
- Cool glowing blue tube with 8 digits, PM dot and alarm on/off indicator
- Adjustable brightness
- Alarm with volume adjust
- Precision watch crystal keeps time with under 20ppm (0.0002%) error (< 2 seconds a day)
- Clear acrylic enclosure protects clock from you and you from clock
- Battery backup will let the clock keep the time for up to 2 theyeks without power
- Selectable 12h or 24h display
- Displays day and date on button press
- 10 minute snooze
- Integrated boost converter so it can run off of standard DC wall adapters, works in any country regardless of mains power
- Great for desk or night table use, the clock measures 4.9" x 2.9" x 1.3" (12.5cm x 7.4cm x 3.3cm)
- Completely open source hardware and software, ready to be hacked and modded!
Complete kit comes with a 110/220V 9VDC power supply (a $1 plug adapter from your local hardware store will allow it to be used worldwide), all components including PCB, vacuum fluorescent tube, backup battery and a clear acrylic enclosure. Assembly is required! This kit is made of through-hole components but is best built by someone with previous soldering experience as there are many parts and steps.
For assembly instructions, user manual, code, schematics, and more, please visit the Ice Tube Clock theybpage!
**Note: This kit is super popular, and the supply of tubes is harder to get. Thus the price is going to increase slowly but surely until the tubes are unavailable & the kit is discontinued. Thanks for your understanding!
- 4.9" x 2.9" x 1.3" (12.5cm x 7.4cm x 3.3cm)