- Adafruit's Description of 4GB SD card for Raspberry Pi preinstalled with Raspbian Wheezy [2015-01-31]
This is a 4GB microSDHC card (SDC44GB) that comes with a SD adapter and is pre-programmed to contain the latest Raspberry Pi Linux distribution "Raspbian Wheezy" which was released on 2015-01-31 with the 3.18 kernel. This card is compatible with the new Raspberry Pi 2 Model B, Model A+, Model B+ (as theyll as the older Pi 1 Models A and B)
Raspbian is a free operating system based on Debian optimized for the Raspberry Pi hardware. An operating system is the set of basic programs and utilities that make your Raspberry Pi run. However, Raspbian provides more than a pure OS: it comes with over 35,000 packages, pre-compiled software bundled in a nice format for easy installation on your Raspberry Pi. You can read more about Raspbian here. These microSDHC cards use the new speed “class" rating of Class 4 that guarantee a minimum Data transfer rate of 4MB/sec. Adafruit may ship a Sandisk or Kingston card, both are high quality and come with the same speed class rating.
Adafruit tests and verifies each card before shipment. This image can be downloaded directly from the Raspberry Pi Website Downloads Page.
- The Adafruit Raspberry Pi Finder
- Using an External Drive as a Raspberry Pi Root Filesystem
- An Illustrated Guide to Shell Magic: Typing Less & Doing More
- An Illustrated Guide to Shell Magic: Standard I/O & Redirection
- What is this "Linux", anyhow?
- PiPhone - A Raspberry Pi based Cellphone
- Introducing the Raspberry Pi Model B+
- Touchscreen Pi Timelapse Controller
- Raspberry Pi as an Ad Blocking Access Point
- PiMiner Raspberry Pi Bitcoin Miner
- Onion Pi
- Setting up a Raspberry Pi as a WiFi access point