This microphone's very similar to Adafruit's PCB-mount Elecret Microphone but is significantly smaller and has pre-attached 65mm long wires. Adafruit don't have a specific datasheet for it but it can be biased with 2V and 2K impedence. You do need an electret microphone amplifier to boost the millivolt-signal up to line level. The FONA has this amplifier part built into it but something like an Arduino does not.
Adafruit tested it with the FONA and it works great for voice purposes, you may also be able to use it with Adafruit's other microphone amplifiers (like #1713 and #1063) and if you desolder the onboard microphones.
- Diameter: 4.4mm
- Wire Length: 67mm
- Weight: .17g
- While we don't have a datasheet for this microphone, but this Elecret Microphone is similar
- 3D Printed Star Trek Communicator
- Adafruit Feather 32u4 FONA
- Adafruit FONA 808 Cellular + GPS Shield for Arduino
- Adafruit FONA 808 Cellular + GPS Breakout
- Adafruit FONA 800 Shield
- Adafruit FONA