Need some really bright LEDs? Adafruit are big fans of these 5mm clear UV / Purple LEDs. These emit UV 'blacklight' in the UVA spectrum so they are great for projects with fluorescent materials referred to as UV/blacklight-reactive or 'glow-in-the dark'. They are bright (350mcd) and have about a 20-degree LED beam. They go easily into a breadboard and come in a pack of ten so you can easily add that extra UV zing to your project.
If you need some help using LEDs, please read Adafruit's "Introduction to using LEDs" tutorial for any electronics project.
- Forward Voltage: 3.4V typical @ 20mA
- Maximum Forward Current: 25mA (20mA recommended)
- Maximum Reverse Voltage: 5V
- Maximum Reverse Current: 10uA
- Brightness: 350mcd typical
- Wavelength: 400nm
- Operating Temperature Range: -40ºC to 85ºC
Dimensions of one LED:
- Diameter at Base: 5mm / 0.2"
- Height of LED: 9mm / 0.35"
- Length of Pins: 29mm / 1.1"
- Weight: 0.3g