The Photon is a $40 tiny Wi-Fi development kit for creating connected projects and products for the Internet of Things. It's easy to use, it's powerful, and it's connected to the cloud.
The board itself uses a Broadcom wi-fi chip (one that can be found in Nest Protect, LIFX, and Amazon Dash) alongside a powerful STM32 ARM Cortex M3 microcontroller. It's like the Spark Core. But better.
Note: Does not ship with breadboard or USB cable.
- Particle P? Wi-Fi module
- a> Broadcom BCM43362 Wi-Fi chip
- b> 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi
- c> STM32F205 120Mhz ARM Cortex M3
- d> 1MB flash, 128KB RAM
- On-board RGB status LED (ext. drive provided)
- 18 Mixed-signal GPIO and advanced peripherals
- Open source design
- Real-time operating system (FreeRTOS)
- Soft AP setup
- FCC, CE and IC certified
- Particle Photon x1