Lithium ion polymer (also known as 'lipo' or 'lipoly') batteries are thin, light and powerful. The output ranges from 4.2V when completely charged to 3.7V. This battery has a capacity of 350mAh for a total of about 1.3 Wh. If you need a larger (or smaller!) battery, we have a full range of LiPoly batteries.
The batteries come pre-attached with a genuine 2-pin JST-PH connector as shown and include the necessary protection circuitry. Because they have a genuine JST connector, not a knock-off, the cable wont snag or get stuck in a matching JST jack, they click in and out smoothly.
The included protection circuitry keeps the battery voltage from going too high (over-charging) or low (over-use) which means that the battery will cut-out when completely dead at 3.0V. It will also protect against output shorts. However, even with this protection it is very important that you only use a LiIon/LiPoly constant-voltage/constant-current charger to recharge them and at a rate of 350mA or less. Adafruit suggest Adafruit's Micro Lipo charger, which has a 100mA default rate.
Like most lipos, the batteries they sell do not have thermistors built in. This is why they suggest charging at 1 C or even less - 100 to 350mA is a good rate, and available from any USB port if using a USB-powered charger
Additional safety notes: Do not use a NiMH/NiCad/lead-acid charger! Also, do not abuse these batteries, do not short, bend, crush or puncture. Never charge or use unattended. Always inspect batteries and surrounding circuitry constantly for any damage, loose wiring, or possibility of short circuits. As with all Lithium ion polymer batteries and with any power source - they should be used by experts who are comfortable working with power supplies
- Weight: 7.9g
- Dimensions: 36mm x 20mm x 5.6mm / 1.4" x 0.8" x 0.22"
- Power Lead Length: 100mm / 3.9"
- Output: 350mAh at 3.7V nominal
- Circuit Playground Yoyo
- Light of Your Life Wedding Bouquet
- Pokemon Potion USB Battery Pack
- Adafruit Feather M0 Radio with RFM69 Packet Radio
- Adafruit Feather M0 Radio with LoRa Radio Module
- Adafruit Feather 32u4 with LoRa Radio Module
- Adafruit Feather 32u4 Radio with RFM69HCW Module
- Animated Flame Pendant
- Introducing the Adafruit WICED Feather WiFi
- Adafruit Feather M0 WiFi with ATWINC1500
- Bluefruit LE Feather Robot Rover
- Adafruit Feather M0 Adalogger
- Adafruit Feather M0 Basic Proto
- Adafruit Feather HUZZAH ESP8266
- Adafruit Feather 32u4 Bluefruit LE