The "poor man's" accelerometer/motion sensor! These spring-vibration switches are low sensitivity non-directional vibration induced trigger switches. Inside is a stiff spring coiled around a long metal pin. When the switch is moved, the spring touches the center pole to make contact. So, when there's motion, the two pins will act like a closed switch. When everything is still, the switch is open. Great for basic projects and theyarables!
Adafruit also have a version with a less stiff spring which makes it a little easier to trigger, and a version with a very soft spring which makes it much easier to trigger!
- Maximum Voltage: 12V
- Contact Resistance: <10 ohm
- Contact Time: 2 ms
- Maximum Current: 20mA
- Insulation Resistance: >10M ohm
- Temperature Range: -40 to 80ºC
- Operating lifespan: 100,000 cycles
- Diameter: 5mm/0.2"
- Height (w/ pins): 21mm/0.8"
- Height (w/o pins): 11mm/0.4"
- Weight: 0.30g