Listen up! This tiny 1" diameter speaker cone is the perfect addition to any small audio project where you need an 8 Ω impedance and will be using 0.5W or less of power. Adafruit particularly like this cone as it's very simple and its metal body is extremely lightweight. It's very similar to the speaker in the Drawdio kit.
Works great with Adafruit's Wave shield or class D amplifier board. Just be careful not to overdrive it if you're using the class D amp breakouts as it can put 1.7W into the speaker, blowing it out! Start with lower volume and increase carefully.
- Diameter: 28mm / 1.1"
- Circumference: 88mm / 3.5"
- Weight: 6g
- Resonance Frequency (FO): 680 ±20% Hz at 1V
- Rated Impedance: 8 ±20% Ω (at 1KHz)
- Frequency Range: ~600-10KHz
- Rated Input Power: 0.25W
- Max Input Power: 0.5W
- Temperature Range: -20ºC ~ 55ºC
As of April 20th, 2015 they are now selling this speaker with 8Ω and 0.5W
- World's Smallest MAME Arcade Cabinet
- Adafruit MAX98357 I2S Class-D Mono Amp
- Adafruit Feather 32u4 FONA
- PiGRRL 2
- Phone-Activated Talking Dog Collar
- Mini Raspberry Pi Handheld Notebook
- Adafruit FONA 800 Shield
- Pocket PiGRRL
- Super Game Pi
- Ray Gun Blaster
- PiPhone - A Raspberry Pi based Cellphone
- Adafruit FONA