MCP3424 is one of the low noise and high accuracy 18-Bit delta-sigma analog-to-digital (ΔΣ A/D) converter family members of the MCP342X series. Its characteristic is:
Self calibration of internal offset and gain per each conversion.
User can select the PGA gain before the analog-to-digital conversion takes place. This allows the device to convert a very weak input signal with high resolution.
The device have two conversion modes:
- (a)One-Shot mode: the device performs a single conversion and enters a low current standby mode automatically until it receives another conversion command.
- (b)Continuous mode: the conversion takes place continuously at the set conversion speed.
- Temperature Sensing with RTD, Thermistor, and Thermocouple
- Bridge Sensing for Pressure, Strain, and Force
- Weigh Scales
- Battery Fuel Gauges
- Operating Voltage: 2.7 - 5.5V
- Standy Current: 300nA （5V）
- Operating Temperature: -40°C ~ +125°C
- On-Board Voltage Reference: 2.048V ± 0.05%, Drift 15 PPM /°C
- On-Board Programmable Gain Amplifier (PGA): x1,x2,x4,x8
- Differential Input Full Scale Range: -2.048V / PGA ~ 2.048V / PGA (e.g., PGA=4, Range is -0.512 ~ 0.512V)
- Programmable Resolution: 12, 14, 16, 18bits
- Programmable Data Rate: 240, 60, 15, 3.75 SPS
- Gain Error: 0.05% (PGA = 1, 18bits)
- Offset Error: 15uV (PGA = 1, 18bits)
- Input Interface: 4 differential channels, PIN header of 2.54mm spacing
- Output Interface: I2C, PIN header of 2.54mm spacing
- Size: 27x16mm
- MCP3424 18-Bit ADC-4 Channel with Programmable Gain Amplifier x1