Emergence is the science of how complex behaviors can arise from lots of smaller, simpler interactions. Cubelets harvest the awesome power of emergent behavior so that you can stack, snap, shuffle and otherwise assemble your own robot without any programming or any wires.
Cubelets are magnetic blocks that can be snapped together to make an endless variety of robots. You can build robots that drive around on a tabletop, respond to light, sound, and temperature, and have surprisingly lifelike behavior. But instead of programming that behavior, you snap the cubelets together and watch the behavior emerge like with a flock of birds or a swarm of bees.
Each cubelet in the kit has different equipment on board and a different default behavior. There are Sense Blocks that act like our eyes and ears, Action blocks which affect the world around your robot, and Think blocks which are like your brain. Gone are the days of needing to buy a separate battery charger. This Cubelets kit version now includes a USB A to microB cable to charge you Cubelet Battery Block via your computer or 5V wall wart. Additionally, the two included Brick Adapters connect to your favorite brick-based construction systems bringing vivid motion and life to the toys you already own!
- 1x Drive Block: A motor and wheels to get your robot moving
- 1x Flashlight Block: A bright white LED which emits a focused beam of light
- 1x Brightness Block: Detects the level of ambient light
- 1x Distance Block: An Infrared range finder accurate between 10 and 80 cm
- 1x Battery Block: The power-plant for your robot
- 1x Passive Block: A pass-through you can use to connect the other blocks
- 1x USB Charging Cable
- 2x Brick Adapter