There’s a lot of Raspberry Pi information going around lately. Whether it’s Pi A, A+, B, B+, or Pi 2 B, any forum will have thousands of people giving all the answers possible to a problem. Though most methods work for any version, it can be tough to decide which information to choose. The Raspberry Pi 3 Starter Kit is a great way to gain a solid introduction to the small, credit-card sized computer. With this kit you will be able to get your Raspberry Pi 3 connected through our SparkFun Pi Wedge to a breadboard and, by utilizing the Pi’s 40-pin GPIO, control pushbuttons, LEDs, and a host of user created circuits.
The on-line guides and tutorials we will be providing will contain step by step instructions of how to set up your Raspberry Pi and how to program it in a variety of languages. We have supplied some example code and detailed images on how to get started.
This kit will not require any soldering and is recommended for anyone with a drive to learn more about the Raspberry Pi and its programming. So if you are looking for a new challenge or a way to get in on the RPi craze, check out the Raspberry Pi 3 Starter Kit!
Note: These are sold with a US type power supply.
- Raspberry Pi 3
- SparkFun Pi Wedge (Preassembled)
- SparkFun FTDI Basic Breakout - 3.3V
- Breadboard - Full-Size (Bare)
- Pi Tin for the Raspberry Pi - Black
- 16GB microSD (Preloaded with OS)
- microSD USB Reader
- Red, Blue, Yellow, and Green Tactile Buttons
- Red, Blue, Yellow, and Green LEDs
- Resistor 330 Ohm 1/6 Watt PTH - 20 pack
- Raspberry Pi GPIO Ribbon Cable - 40-pin, 6"
- SparkFun USB Mini-B Cable - 6 Foot
- Wall Adapter Power Supply - 5.25V DC 2.4A (USB Micro-B)
- Jumper Wires Premium 6" M/F - 10 Pack
- Jumper Wires Standard 7" M/M - 30 Pack