For advanced NeoPixel fans, they how have a bendable, flexible 8x32 NeoPixel LED Matrix! Control all 256 ultra-bright LEDs using a single microcontroller pin, set each LED as you wish to scroll messages or draw little images. This matrix has a thick flexible PCB backing that can be gently bent and curved around surfaces
You can use this matrix just like any other NeoPixel-compatible product, and we even have NeoMatrix code that will let you use the matrix as a 8x32 grid for drawing on without having to do all the icky math Just initalize NeoMatrix with
Adafruit_NeoMatrix matrix = Adafruit_NeoMatrix(32, 8, PIN, NEO_MATRIX_TOP + NEO_MATRIX_LEFT + NEO_MATRIX_COLUMNS + NEO_MATRIX_ZIGZAG, NEO_GRB + NEO_KHZ800);
Don't forget, with 256 LEDs, you could use over 15A of current if you turn on all the LEDs on to white (which they really do not recommend because they don't think the flex PCB can handle that much current). Try to keep the current draw at undrer 5A, you can use Adafruit's 5V 4A or 5V 10A power supply. For portable use, if you are drawing less than 3A, try out this [email protected] UBEC.
Please note: Flexible PCBs are not designed for repeated flexing! While they think this product may work in theyarables or other situations where the matrix is bent around, they do not offer any guarantees or refunds if you end up cracking the LEDs or traces! This is for advanced users only, who already know how to use NeoPixels and are comfortable with the high current requirements and protecting the matrix from damage. There are no returns, refunds or replacements for damaged product.
- 320mm x 80mm x 2mm / 12.6" x 3" x 0.08"
- Weight (with IDC cables): 63g
- May ship with either WS2812B or SK6812-based LEDs. They are the same functionality, look, color order and protocol
- use this matrix just like any other NeoPixel-compatible product
- we even have NeoMatrix code that will let you use the matrix as a 8x32 grid for drawing on without having to do all the icky math
- Don't forget to read our NeoPixel Uber guide for more information on how to care and feed your NeoPixels!
- SMSsenger Bag
- Multi-tasking the Arduino - Part 3
- Adafruit NeoPixel Überguide