Raspberry Pi 2 Starter Kit
There’s a lot of Raspberry Pi information going around lately. Whether it’s Pi A, A+, B, B+, or Pi 2 B, any forum will have thousands of people giving all the answers possible to a problem. Though most methods work for any version, it can be tough to decide which information to choose. The Raspberry Pi 2 Starter Kit is a great way to gain a solid introduction to the small, credit-card sized computer. With this kit you will be able to get your Raspberry Pi 2 connected through our SparkFun Pi Wedge to a breadboard and, by utilizing the Pi’s 40-pin GPIO, control pushbuttons, LEDs, and a host of user created circuits.
The on-line guides and tutorials we provide (found in the Documents section below) contain step by step instructions of how to set up your Raspberry Pi and how to program it in a variety of languages. We have supplied some example code and detailed images on how to get started.
The kit does not require any soldering and is recommended for anyone with a drive to learn more about the Raspberry Pi and its programming. So if you are looking for a new challenge or a way to get in on the RPi craze, check out the Raspberry Pi 2 Starter Kit!
- Raspberry Pi 2 - Model B (with 8GB NOOBS microSD)
- SparkFun Pi Wedge (Preassembled)
- SparkFun FTDI Basic Breakout - 3.3V
- Breadboard - Full-Size (Bare)
- Pi Tin for the Raspberry Pi - Black
- Edimax WiFi Adapter (EW-7811UN)
- microSD USB Reader
- Red, Blue, Yellow, and Green Tactile Buttons
- Red, Blue, Yellow, and Green LEDs
- Resistor 330 Ohm 1/6 Watt PTH - 20 pack
- Raspberry Pi GPIO Ribbon Cable - 40-pin, 6"
- SparkFun USB Mini-B Cable - 6 Foot
- Wall Adapter Power Supply - 5V DC 2A (USB Micro-B)
- Jumper Wires Premium 6" M/F - 10 Pack
- Jumper Wires Standard 7" M/M - 30 Pack