The QuickStart is an evaluation board for the 8-Core Parallax Propeller. As an open-source reference design the QuickStart board provides basic Propeller circuitry. Developers may use Adafruit's PCB layout files as their own to speed their project towards completion. As a project board the QuickStart is fully expandable and provides unimpeded access to all I/O pins through an expansion header but includes some button inputs and LEDs to demonstrate programming.
- Open hardware reference design through Adafruit's Altium and DipTrace PCB layout files (more export options may be possible)
- Bus-powered USB coupled with 3.3V regulator for 500 mA
- 5 mHz cyrstal on board may be disabled by removing SMT jumper, allowing replacement with external through-hole crystal
- 64KB EEPROM (32K for P8X32A program, 32K for general-purpose use)
- External brownout reset may be installed by removing SMT jumper
- (8) blue LEDs on P16-P23
- (8) resistive touch-buttons on P0-P7
- Pads for sigma-delta A/D circuitry (two resistors and two capacitors, both 0603) for using the Sigma-Delta A/D AppNote
- Expansion header provides access to Vss, Vdd, 32 I/O pins (28 for any use, 2 are I2C bus, and two are optional Tx/Rx if connected to USB power)
- Measures 2" x 3" (5.1 cm x 7.6 cm)
For tutorials and more information on the Parallax Quickstart board, click here!
This board doesn't come with a mini-B USB cable or bumpers, but they stock them in the shop so you may want to pick those up.
- Dimensions: 76mm x 51mm x 9mm (3in x 2in x 0.36in)
- Weight: 20g
For product support, replacement parts and warranty for Parallax products click here.