XBee Pro Module - ZB Series 2SC - 63mW with Wire Antenna [XBP24CZ7WIT-004]
We now carry the Series 2 XBee "ZigBee" modules. This is the PRO Series 2 ZigBee protocol 63mW with wire antenna. Its good for point-to-point, multipoint and mesh networks. This module is a little more difficult to get going than the Series 1 - you must set up a "coordinator" module so they are not as plug-and-play. We suggest this module for those who are following the Building Wireless Sensor Network book as it focuses on Series 2.
Series 2 modules cannot talk to Series 1 modules so if you already have some S1 type XBees you may want to stick with them. The S2 modules are not necessarily 'better' than S1 for many projects. They're just different as they use the "ZigBee" wireless stack instead of the 802.15.4. This makes them better for low power usage and advanced users who want a mesh topology (many XBees in a spread-out configuration) - but they are more difficult to use for basic point-to-point setups.
The pins on an XBee are 2mm spacing, not 0.1" so they will not fit into a breadboard. For that reason, they work best in our XBee adapter module kit (which has a 250mA 3.3V regulator) or with the USB XBee adapter.
This module comes with a wire antenna, its the same price as a chip antenna but 50% more range because of the improved antenna, awesome!
- TX Peak Current: 205mA
- RX Current: 47 mA (@3.3 V)
- Power-down Current: < 3.5 μA
- Indoor/Urban: up to 300 ft (90 m)
- Outdoor line-of-sight: up to 2 miles (3200 m)
- Transmit Power: 63mW (18dBm)
- Receiver Sensitivity: -102 dBm
- Dimensions: 24mm x 33mm x 9mm (0.94in x 1.3in x 0.3in)
- 3.91g ( 0.14oz)
For all technical issues, replacement and warranty assistance for Xbee products from Digi, visit the support center, email [email protected] or submit an online support request. You can also: U.S. & Canada: 877-912-3444 / Worldwide: +1 952-912-3456
- As of May 20, 2016 we are selling the 2C version of this module. It is functionally the same but uses a different underlying radio chipset.
- As of June 22, 2017 we're selling the module firmware version 405F which has some bug fixes
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Little Bird Company Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.