Standard LCD 20x4 + extras [white on blue]
Standard HD44780 LCDs are useful for creating standalone projects.
- 20 characters wide, 4 rows
- White text on blue background
- Connection port is 0.1" pitch, single row for easy breadboarding and wiring
- Single LED backlight with a resistor included, you can power it directly from 5V. If it's too bright for you, it can be dimmed easily with a resistor or PWM and uses much less power than LCD with EL (electroluminescent) backlights
- Can be fully controlled with only 6 digital lines!
- Built in character set supports English/Japanese text, see the HD44780 datasheet for the full character set
- Up to 8 extra characters can be created for custom glyphs or 'foreign' language support (like special accents)
- Comes with necessary contrast potentiometer and strip of header
For more information, check out our detailed step-by-step Arduino+LCD tutorial
We have a generic 20x4 datasheet that has dimensions and pin-locations (the exact model may vary but the pinout, size and protocol information is the same). We also have a HD44780 datasheet with the detailed commands for control
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Little Bird Company Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.