Official announcement from Spark team:
"During the summer we found the opportunities to further improve the manufacturability and RF performance of the Core. These changes have required more iterations on the board, more back-and-forth with the manufacturer, and more testing, pushing our milestones by a few weeks and meaning a small delay in shipping."
You can check the up-to-date details on this website: https://www.sparkdevices.com/status
The Spark Core is an Arduino-compatible, Wi-Fi enabled, cloud-powered development platform that makes creating internet-connected hardware a breeze. It is a tiny Wi-Fi development board, open source, widely successful funded Kickstarter project.
This little board packs a punch: with a 72 MHz ARM Cortex M3, the best Wi-Fi module on the market, wireless programming, and lots of pin outs and peripherals, there's nothing you can't build with the Core.
- Arduino compatible (through custom integration of Wiring libraries)
- Open Source
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g
- Easy setup over Wi-Fi
- Developer friendly REST API
- 128-bit SSL encryption
- Wireless software updates
- Breadboard compatible
- Powered by the Spark Cloud
Easy Wi-Fi Set-Up Process
Enter your network name and password into the Spark App and press OK.
That was it. Seriously. You’re connected.
The Spark Core makes first-time configuration of your devices a breeze for both creators and users. The Core includes a brand spankin' new Wi-Fi module: the CC3000 from Texas Instruments. It features their unique setup process called Smart Config that allows makers and developers to bring their creations online in seconds.
Reprogram the Core over Wi-Fi
The Core is already Wi-Fi connected, so we've decided to do away with wires altogether.* You can program your new software in our web development environment or in your favorite text editor, and with a single click, Spark Flash delivers updated firmware to your project over the web.
Spark Flash means that your projects stay in their enclosures, out in the field, and in the hands and homes of users, where they belong. It also means that your creations can be easily changed, updated, and improved over time, without worrying about USB ports and programmer pins.
* Of course, you can still program the Core over USB or with a JTAG programmer, but where's the fun in that?
- 32-bit STM32 72MHz ARM Cortex M3
- 128KB of Flash memory, 20KB of RAM
- Texas Instruments SimpleLink CC3000 Wi-Fi chip
- EEPROM (supplied by the CC3000)
- 2MB of external flash memory
- 3.3V DC supply voltage (with on board power regulator)
- 50mA typical current consumption
- 300mA peak current consumption (during transmit events)
- Can be powered and programmed by USB Micro (cable included in box)
- 8 digital I/O pins
- 4 PWM pins
- 8 analog I/O pins
- UART (Serial), SPI, and I2C peripherals
- Wi-Fi range of 100-300ft
- Spark Devices
- Spark Core: Wi-Fi for Everything (Arduino Compatible) on Kickstarter
- Spark Core Community
For more product information and technical support, please contact [email protected].
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Little Bird Company Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.