This product replaces the Security Sensor Shield Kit. Documentation for the previous version is available here.
This shield allows up to 4 security sensors to be connected to an Arduino with full End-Of-Line (EOL) support to detect tampering with the sensors or cable. End-Of-Line technology allows the system to detect a variety of events using a single cable pair to the sensor, including:
- Sensor triggered.
- Sensor cable cut.
- Sensor cable short-circuited.
- Sensor housing opened (even when system is disarmed)
Supported sensor types include:
- PIR (passive infrared) motion detectors.
- Microwave motion detectors.
- Reed switches.
- Glass break detectors.
- Gas detectors.
- Smoke detectors.
The design is based on the circuit used in the "Security / Automation Sensors" project in the book Practical Arduino, so this shield is a perfect way to build that project very simply and easily without messing around with a prototyping shield and lots of jumper wires. The full operation of the circuit including the EOL functionality is described in the book.
- Supports 4 sensor channels simultaneously.
- Sensor power supply totally isolated from the Arduino.
- Red "Status" LED for each sensor channel to show sensor activity.
- Green "Power" LED to show when the sensor power supply is active.
- Blue "Power" LED to show when the Arduino is supplying power to the shield.
- Reset button wired through to Arduino reset pin.
- 100nF bypass/smoothing capacitor on Arduino supply rail.
- Overlay guide where you need it: both top and bottom.
- Gold-plated PCB surface: solders easily and very resistant to finger oil, etc.
- Requires a 5V-compatible Arduino board
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Little Bird Company Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.