This product has been retired. It has been replaced by the DLOCK Door Lock Shield: www.freetronics.com/dlock
This shield allows your Arduino to control a door lock using an electric strike plate and one of a number of commonly-available RFID modules, and is based on the circuit described in the "RFID Access Control System" project in the book "Practical Arduino".
Note: Does not include the RFID reader module itself. You need to purchase that separately.
Supported reader modules include:
- HF MultiTag
- On-board 9V regulator to power Arduino from strike plate power supply.
- Reset button wired through to Arduino reset pin.
- Blue "Arduino power on" LED.
- Green "External power supply on" LED.
- Red "Strike plate activated" LED.
- 100nF bypass/smoothing capacitors on 5V and 9V rails.
- Overlay guide where you need it: both top and bottom.
- Uses through-hole parts for easy assembly.
What's in the box?
- Gold-plated Freetronics RFID Lock Shield PCB with overlay on both top and bottom.
- All the required supporting parts.
- The fully illustrated RFID Lock Shield Assembly Guide, which is also available online.
- RFID Lock Shield Assembly Guide
- RFID Lock Shield Schematic (PDF) (Soon)
- RFID Lock Shield design files on GitHub
- Example sketch from Practical Arduino
- "RFID Lock Shield" section of the Freetronics Forum
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Little Bird Company Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.