Raspberry Pi 2 or Model B+ Starter Pack (Without Raspberry Pi)
You're going to work hard with your Raspberry Pi 2 Model B or Raspberry Pi 1 Model B+. You're going to have to solder, code, and Linux your Maker heart out. That's why we've tried to make it as easy as possible to start - by combining the Raspberry Pi with what we think are the best beginners' Pi accessories into one easy to use kit.
We've hand chosen these accessories as the perfect accompaniment to your new Raspberry Pi 2 Model B or Raspberry Pi 1 Model B+. It's everything you need to get going with a high quality power supply, NOOBS 2.0 SD card, case, WiFi adapter, console cable, and lots of prototyping essentials. It's a great jumping off point for the rest of our extensive accessory and pack collection.
This pack DOES NOT include a Raspberry Pi 2 Model B or Raspberry Pi 1 Model B+ Computer!
This pack contains:
- Adafruit Raspberry Pi 2 or B+ Case - Smoke Base / Clear Top - We are selling the Raspberry Pi B+ Starter Pack with our brand new Pi Case. We think it's the Single Greatest Raspberry Pi 2 or Model B+ Case Ever - though our Pi Box Plus is also nothing to scoff at.
- Adafruit Assembled Pi Cobbler Plus - This is the soldered together version of our popular Pi Cobbler Plus Kit. Comes with a breakout board that's perfect for cobbling prototypes as well as a 40-pin GPIO cable for your Pi's pins.
- Full Size Breadboard - In the past, we've used the half-size breadboard for a lot of Pi projects - but no longer! WIth 40 pins to break out, you're going to need some space - and that's why we're including a full size breadboard in this pack.
- Premium Male/Male Jumper Wires - 20 x 6" (150mm) - These jumper wires are great for making wire harness or jumpering between headers on PCBs. We include the longer ones so they work well with the full-size breadboard.
- USB to TTL Serial Cable - An old standby, this cable's pretty much the easiest way to connect your Raspberry Pi to a USB port to log into the debugging/login console. Ideal for running the Pi 'headless'
- USB WiFi Module - Give your Rasp Pi the Internet with this USB port WiFi module, this module is compact but has great range and is plenty fast.
- 8GB SD Card with NOOBS 2.0 - an 8GB card with NOOBS already installed so you can get right to it.
- 5V 2A Switching Power Supply w/ 6' MicroUSB Cable or 5V 2A Switching Power Supply with USB port + 6' MicroUSB Cable - The 5V 2A power adapter is the perfect choice for powering your Raspberry Pi B+ with 2 Amps of current output, and an extra long cord.
- Embroidered Raspberry Pi Badge - Now that you're getting started, show off your Pi Pride with this beautifully embroidered, jewel toned, iron-on badge.
BONUS PARTS! Everyone loves bonuses so we include some parts that will get you through some of the tutorials on the Adafruit Learning System. These include:
- 1x Photo Cell
- 5x 10K 5% 1/4W Resistor
- 5x 560 ohm 5% 1/4W Resistor
- 1x Diffused 10mm Blue LED
- 1x Electrolytic Capacitor - 1.0uF
- 1x Diffused 10mm Red LED
- 1x Diffused 10mm Green LED
- 3x 12mm Tactile Switches
We're always adding new tutorials to our Learn System but here are a few that are worth checking out to start. While they're for the Model B, they will all apply to the Raspberry Pi 2 or Pi 1 Model B+.
- Introduction to outputs - light up an LED when you get an e-mail
- Introduction to inputs - play MP3 audio files when three different buttons are pressed
- Introduction to sensors - reading a photo cell sensor with RC timing to detect light changes
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Little Bird Company Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.