This product has been retired from our catalog and is no longer for sale. This page is made available for those looking for datasheets and the simply curious.
This Raspberry Pi is Discontinued Now, We recommend lattpanda boards (a small computer board for win 10) as a suitable replacement.
The Raspberry Pi Model A+ is a tiny computer board that's up and running when a keyboard, mouse, display, PSU and MicroSD card with installed OS are added.It is the low-cost variant of the Raspberry Pi. It was released to replace the original Model A in November 2014. Comparing with Model A it has below features:
- More GPIO. The GPIO header has grown to 40 pins, while retaining the same pinout for the first 26 pins as the Model A and B.
- Micro SD. The old friction-fit SD card socket has been replaced with a much nicer push-push micro SD version.
- Lower power consumption. By replacing linear regulators with switching ones we've reduced power consumption by between 0.5W and 1W.
- Better audio. The audio circuit incorporates a dedicated low-noise power supply.
- Smaller, neater form factor. We've aligned the USB connector with the board edge, moved composite video onto the 3.5mm jack, and added four squarely-placed mounting holes. Model A+ is approximately 2cm shorter than the Model A.
- Broadcom BCM2835 700MHz ARM1176JZFS processor with FPU and VideoCore IV dual-core GPU
- GPU provides Open GL ES 2.0, hardware-accelerated OpenVG, and 1080p30 H.264 high-profile decode
- GPU is capable of 1Gpixel/s, 1.5Gtexel/s or 24GFLOPs with texture filtering and DMA infrastructure
- 256MB SDRAM
- HD 1080p video output
- Composite video (PAL/NTSC) output
- Stereo audio output
- HDMI 1.3 & 1.4 video/audio socket
- 3.5mm 4-pole audio/composite video out jack socket
- 1 x USB 2.0 socket
- 15-way MPI CSI-2 connector for Raspberry Pi HD video camera (775-7731)
- 15-way Display Serial Interface connector
- MicroSD card socket
- Boots from MicroSD card, running a version of the Linux operating system (See Note below)
- 40-pin header for GPIO and serial buses (compatible with Raspberry Pi Model A 26-pin header)
- Header footprint for JTAG connector
- Power supply: +5V @ 2A via microUSB socket
- Dimensions: 66 x 56 x 14mm
- Raspberry Pi 1 Module A+ official website
- Quickstart Guide
- Creating a Boot Card
- Raspberry Pi Foundation
- Raspberry Pi 1 Module A+ x1
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Little Bird Company Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.