The Terminal Shield breaks out all the Arduino headers to handy screw terminals, making it really easy to connect external wires without using a soldering iron. Ideal for quick experiments or for robust connections!
The center area of the shield is also a huge prototyping area, allowing you to add your own parts to suit your project. A blue "power" LED shows when your Arduino is powered up, and there are also red, green, and blue general-purpose LEDs with current-limiting resistors. The Terminal Shield comes with all the supporting components already fitted as surface-mount parts so you can start using it right away, and we even provide stackable headers to allow you to mount another shield on top.
- Gold-plated surface: solders easily and very resistant to finger oil, etc.
- Large prototyping area with through-plated holes.
- Clearly marked GND and 5V rails beside prototyping area.
- Blue surface-mount “power on” LED.
- 2 × 100nF power supply smoothing capacitors pre-fitted as surface-mount parts.
- Reset button wired through to the Arduino so you can reset it even with the shield mounted over the top.
- 3 general-purpose surface-mount LEDs (red, green, blue) with current limiting resistors pre-fitted: drive HIGH to illuminate.
- Overlay printed on both the top and the bottom of the board so you don’t have to turn it over to see what you’re soldering onto.
- Sexy rounded corners.