The SODAQ (Solar Data Acquisition) is an Arduino compatible data acquisition board designed by Gregory Knauff. This is the successor to the SODAQ Moja that we Kickstarted last year. All the experiences and comments we got from our user we combined in this new board, which one of the most rich-featured Arduino Compatible boards in the market.
The SODAQ is a multi-feature microcontroller board that lets you connect sensors and devices to the internet, quickly and with no fuss. It's designed for connecting things efficiently, running off-grid with built-in, ready-to-go solar power. You can connect a LiPo battery and a solar panel and keep it gathering sensor data without having to charge it.
The board has built in sockets for Grove modules; a realtime clock; extended flash memory; USB on-board; and the Bee socket can take any WiFi/RF/XBee or other compatible plugin for communications instead of our GPRS module (GPRSbee).
The SODAQ Mbili is based on the Atmega1284P micocontroller and comes with an Arduino compatible bootloader. The microcontroller runs on 3.3V at 8MHz and is programmable through USB (Which is connected with the on-board FTDI-chip). For examples to get started, you can check out our Github repositories and the documentation website.
- Atmega1284P Microcontroller running at 3.3V and 8MHz
- Prgrammable using the Arduino IDE
- Power supply by LiPo battery (3.7V) or USB cable (5V)
- Solar charge controller with JST connector for Solar Panel up to 2.5W
- DS3231 Real Time Clock and Temperature sensor, RTC backup powered by LiPo battery
- 16 MBit data flash module (AT45DB)
- SD Card holder
- Mini USB connector
- 12 Grove connectors connecting Digital, Analog and I2C pins (Switched or always on)
- On/Off switch. With the switch in Off position the solar charge circuit is still active and the RTC clockis still powered.
- ICSP programming header
- JTAG Connector
- Bee socket for Xbee, GPRSbee or other bee style modules
- Same size as Raspberry Pi
1 x SODAQ Mbili rev.5
For any technical support or suggestion, please kindly go to Seeed Studio's forum.