- DFRobot's Description of Smart Servo Shield for Arduino (Compatible with Dynamixel AX/MX series servos)
Some day,a guy want to make a robotic dog as a gift to his little son.He brought some digital servos, a microcontroller,Lipo batterys...Then he found it hard to drive these smart servos with Arduino processor! So we developed a driver board that can easily & quickly drive the digital servos such as AX-12,CDS55xx...with Arduino directly! Just like using Arduino official servo library.
With this smart servo shield and Dynamixel AX/MX series servos, It's quite easy for you to drive multi servos with daisy chain connection to your Arduino processor and build your robotic dog,hexapod with powerful servos.
This board Integrates a half duplex circuit inside.That means the transmit wire from your UART is connected to all of the AX-12 servos. Hence: when you send a command over the wire then all of the servos will hear it - but because the message contains the destination servo ID then only one servo, matching that ID number, will process it.
Because of the servo can be linked by serial bus, which can connect up to 200+ servos. Each unit can feedback its position, rotation velocity, torque, current, motor temperature and so on.It can do rotating all round, and the velocity can be controlled, just act as a gear motor. This feature enables it to work as a motor of wheeled robots, or tracked robots.
- Robot Arm
- Humanoid Robot
- Hexapod Robot
- Any other servo driven application
- Power Supply:6.5-12V
- Arduino R3 layout
- Directly compatible with Dynamixel AX series and uptech CDS55xx series servos
- SPI interface (Digital 10,11,12,13)
- Friendly using for the primary user
- UART interface for deeper development
- 7 channels for servo connecting
- A half duplex circuit inside
- Board surface:Immersion Gold
- Wiki Doc
- CDS55XX Robot Servo User Manual
- ServoCds55 Library V2
- Slave code for deeper development_update
- Digital Servo Shield for Arduino x1