Robovie-X is a perfect bipedal robot platform for beginners to get started with humanoid robot. Neither background knowledge nor experience is required, which makes Robovie-X extremely easy to use while functionally versatile.
Robovie-X has maybe the smoothest motion performance you can see. It can run, dance to the music, play air-guitar for you, flip and even side-flip itself over, play soccer, and even fight for you anytime at your service.
All these features are empowered by its luxurious configuration. Seventeen VS-S092J servos with up to 9.2kg/cm torque provide reliable seventeen degrees of freedom. A built-in audio system on the onboard controller and LED blinking eyes allow it to reflect its moods and interact with you. Have a brilliant idea to add a special function to it? No problem, because an open connecter, IXBUS, is ready for you to add expansion circuit.
And its UI design is pretty nice. Each sturdy aluminum frame has screw holes for easy parts location and assembly. By knowing the structure well, you can jump over to remodel and modify it. Besides, the Vstone team has developed the full-featured controlling software “RobovieMaker”, which is already packed for your dashboard. With a cool gear, a PS2 gamepad that Robovie-X supports, you are ready to go and have fun in real-life game.
The Robovie-X comes with the easy-to-use "RobovieMaker" programming software.
The software is easily installable to a standard windows-based PC, and can be uploaded to the robot via serial connection (also provided).
It features a flowchart style system to create motions and include conditional branching for creating different reactions based on external sensor inputs. It also features the ability to trigger different motions based on analog control input.
This kit is shipped unassembled. Take it as a challenge to your building skill!
Show time! Check out how Robovie-X wowed people on the CES 2011 in the following video.
- Sleek shaped humanoid robot
- Seventeen degrees of freedom
- Built-in audio system and LED eyes
- Sensors expansion available
- Sturdy Aluminum frame
- User-friendly controlling software
- PS2 gamepad control support
- Dimemsion: 343×180×71mm (H×W×D)
- DOF: Total 17, Head 1 , Arm 6, Leg 10
- Servomotor: VS-S092J x 17
- Power supply: 6V NiMH Battery
- OS: Windows2000/XP/Vista/7
CPU Board: VS-RC003HV
- Servomotor output:30ch
- Interface: USB (HID)
- Controller :VS-C1, PS2 Game Pad
- Audio output:2W
- IXBUS expansion board list:
- Gyro/Acceleration sensor board 'VS-IX001'
- 16ch LED board 'VS-IX004'
- 16ch Digital I/O board 'VS-IX007'
- 8ch Analog Input board 'VS-IX008'
- Robovie-X assembling manual
- Motion editing software RobovieMaker2
- Robovie-x simple software operation guide (How to set and play the robot after assembling)
- Roboviemaker2 user guide (How to use Robovie-X software)
- List of variables (Variables reference)
- Servo motor gear replacement manual
- Gyro/ Acceleration sensor board VS-IX001 Hardware Manual
- Gyro/ Acceleration sensor board VS-IX001 Instruction Manual
- Connecting Cable Making Manual (VS-IX001 etc )