The RFM22B is a low-cost ISM FSK transceiver module which offers communication at 433MHz ISM and adjustable output power of up to +20 dBm. The wide operating voltage range of 1.8–3.6 V and low current consumption makes the RFM22B an ideal solution for battery powered applications.
Communication with the RFM22B is achieved via a standard 4-wire SPI interface. Three configurable general purpose I/Os are also available, the use of which can be tailored towards the needs of your project. A host of other features are also available including an 8-bit ADC, temperature sensor, RX and TX FIFOs, and low-battery detection. See the datasheet below for a complete description of every register and command.
The module comes in a 16-pin, 16 x 16mm, SMD package, with pins spaced by 2mm. Look for a breakout board coming soon!
Note: These modules are 433MHz and Rev3.0.
- Frequency Range: 433MHz ISM
- Sensitivity = -121 dBm
- Output power range: +20 dBm Max
- Data Rate = 0.123 to 256 kbps
- FSK, GFSK, and OOK modulation
- Power Supply = 1.8 to 3.6 V
- Ultra low power shutdown mode
- Digital RSSI
- Wake-up timer
- Auto-frequency calibration (AFC)
- Power-on-reset (POR)
- Antenna diversity and TR switch control
- Configurable packet handler
- Preamble detector
- TX and RX 64 byte FIFOs
- Low battery detector
- Temperature sensor and 8-bit ADC
- –40 to +85 °C temperature range
- Integrated voltage regulators
- Frequency hopping capability
- On-chip crystal tuning
Dimensions: 16 x 16mm (0.63 x 0.63 in)