This handy module keeps accurate time for years using a tiny coin-cell, and is very simple to connect to your Arduino project. A driver library allows your program to easily set or read the time and date. Perfect for clock projects, dataloggers or anything that needs to know the date and time.
- Set or read accurate time and dates from your Arduino.
- Keeps time without power using a CR1632 coin cell battery backup (supplied)
- 236 Bytes of addressable non-volatile memory, save serial numbers and important values.
- Add a Dot Matrix Display panel and one of our Arduino-compatible boards for a huge clock!
- Ideal for datalogging projects.
- Free software library and examples.
- RTC Module Quickstart Guide
- RTC Schematic & Reference (PDF)
- DS3232 Datasheet (PDF)
- Design files
- Check out Rhys Weatherley's DS3232 library and examples to see how to communicate with the RTC module: http://rweather.github.com/arduinolibs/index.html
- See also Tecsmith's driver library, which is more closely integrated with the official Time.h library: https://github.com/Tecsmith/DS3232RTC