The RaspiRobot Board v2 is a motor interface board for the Raspberry Pi that includes a switched-mode power supply that will supply power to your Raspberry Pi from a variety of battery packs.
Note: Raspberry Pi, Robot chassis, rangefinder, display and switches are not included.
- Comprehensive and easy to use Python library
- Supplied fully assembled - no soldering
- Bi-directional control of two motors (L293 chip)
- Variable (PWM) power control. This allows you to both control the speed of the motors independently and use lower voltage motors than the voltage of your battery pack.
- Supplies the Raspberry Pi with upto 2A using a switch mode power supply - run a fully loaded Pi and the Robot from 6 x AA batteries
- Rangefinder header socket directly compatible with a cheap HC-SR-04 ultrasonic range finder. Just plug it in
- 5V I2C header, pin compatible with Adafruit displays
- Two buffered open collector outputs
- Two LEDsTwo switch inputs
- Screw terminals for motors and battery
For full information on installing the library and controlling your RRBv2 from Python, see the library's github page here.