Note: As of August 10th, 2016 the Raspberry Pi A+ now includes 512 MB of RAM!
The Raspberry Pi Model A+ is the perfect board for the minimalist Pi fan. This low-cost Pi uses the same processor as the model B+, but does away with the Ethernet jack and three of the USB Ports. This makes it lower power, less expensive and much lighter & smaller! It's still compatible with all Pi operating systems and software, and has the exact same 40 pin GPIO connector and camera/display sockets, so any HATs or Pi Plates or other things that plug into the model B+ will work just the same.
It also has the same HDMI, sound/composite connector and microUSB connector for power
Unlike the Raspberry Model B+, there's only one USB port and no ethernet jack but it's also significantly smaller at 65mm x 56mm if you don't include overhang from the connectors.
Don't forget, you'll need a USB power supply with microUSB cable, and a microSD card with a Raspberry Pi OS on it (we suggest a Raspbian 4G card or NooBS 8G card)
Be sure to check out more of Adafruit's awesome Raspberry Pi accessories including:
- Assembled Pi Cobbler Plus - The best way to break out your Pi's pins into a breakout board. Adafruit also carry the Assembled T-Cobbler Plus that makes your breakout pins a bit easier to read but is less compact.
- Adafruit Pi Box Plus for the Raspberry Pi Model A+ - this is a great case to keep your Raspberry Pi Model A+ safe and sound. Adafruit also carry the Pi Protector for Model A+ - Adafruit's pocket-sized Pi Case.
- 8GB Card with NOOBS 1.39 - This is the fastest way to have a variety of operating systems on your pi.
- Bare 4 GB SD card - you'll need this to load the Raspbian/Debian image and is not included in a Pi computer purchase. Tested and works perfectly! Adafruit also have a wide range of pre-burned SD cards
- 5V @ 2A Switching Power Supply w/ 6' MicroUSB Cable - An all-in-one 5V 2A + MicroUSB cable power adapter that's perfect for powering your pi
- HDMI cable - required to connect a Pi to a monitor and is not included in a Pi computer purchase. Adafruit also carry the flat version for a more sleek/stylish look.
- Ethernet cable - required if you want to connect your Pi to the Internet via a router
- USB WiFi Module - This is Adafruit's recommended WiFi adapter, works out of the box with Pi with good range and speed
- Keyboards and Mice - Adafruit have a range of wired and wireless options
- A wide range of accessories and essentials
- Various small displays as theyll as nice Pi-compatible HDMI monitors in a range of sizes, from 2.5" to 10"
Note: Shipping theyight reflects UPS' new dimensional theyight regulations.
Please note some boards are made in the UK, some in China. WE DO NOT KNOW IN ADVANCE WHICH ONES YOU MAY RECEIVE!
- Dimensions: 65mm x 56mm / 2.5" x 2.25"
- Processor: ARM 700Mhz CPU
- USB: One USB 2.0 Port - Keeping it compact means minifying the footprint as much as possible
- Video Output: HDMI and Composite
- Sound: L/R Stereo (via 3.5mm 4 Pole Cable)
- Memory: 512MB Ram
- Operating System: Uses microSD card slot to load O/S
- Digital interfaces: 2 onboard ribbon slots for Camera and Display
- GPIO: 40 GPIO pins, backwards compatible to B board
- No Ethernet jack
For replacement and/or warranty assistance for the Raspberry Pi model A+ within 1 year of purchase call (1-877-626-3532) or e-mail the MCM Customer Service Department ([email protected]) and request an RA (Return Authorization) number.
Revision history: As of August 10th, 2016 the Raspberry Pi A+ now includes 512 MB of RAM instead of 256 MB of RAM.
- Resizing the Raspberry Pi Boot Partition
- Raspberry Pi Wearable Time Lapse Camera
- Instant Camera using Raspberry Pi and Thermal Printer
- Install bluez on the Raspberry Pi
- Simple Raspberry Pi Robot
- DotStar Pi Painter
- Cloud Cam: Internet-Connected Security Camera
- 2.2" PiTFT HAT Enclosure
- BNO055 Absolute Orientation Sensor with Raspberry Pi & BeagleBone Black
- Pocket PiGRRL
- Running OpenGL-based Games & Emulators on Adafruit PiTFT Displays
- Reverse Engineering a Bluetooth Low Energy Light Bulb
- NextBus transit clock for Raspberry Pi
- Raspberry Pi Kernel-o-Matic
- Touch Pi: Portable Raspberry Pi
- AstroPrint 3D Printing
- Super Game Pi
- 3D Printed Raspberry Pi A+ Case
- What is this "Linux", anyhow?
- DIY WiFi Raspberry Pi Touchscreen Camera
- Adafruit's Raspberry Pi Lesson 5. Using a Console Cable