Prototype PCB Assembled (PCBA) Upfront Consulting Service
From Feb. 5th, this consulting service is close. Please go to our new PCBA consulting page to get a quotation. It's free to get a quotation, but you'd better upload your manufacture files according to our template.
This service will provide you with PCBA services consulting for samples less than 50 pieces including assessment of Gerber files and BOM file, looking for materials and inquiries and processing schedule, and finally you will get a contract about quotation and delivery date for PCBA service. This service can only accept sample mounting and soldering services of less than 50 pieces. If you need more than 50 pieces, please use service " Small batches PCB Assembled (PCBA) Upfront Consulting Service".
9.9 USD service fee refers to the consulting fee only instead of the production costs of 50 pieces of samples. However, in the contract, we will refund consulting fee and include it in the production costs at last. If you cancel PCBA production, the service fee will not be refunded.
1. First, please read the following details and terms. If you agree with it, you can purchase the service and make payment.
2. After successful payment, you will receive a confirmation E-mail with an order number in it.
3. On receipt of the order number, you must submit your order No., BOM files and bitmap files in contact-us page: http://imall.iteadstudio.com/contact-us, please choose PCBA service in "what's this about?" column. Besides, your BOM files should be in accordance with our new BOM Template. Please download it here or in the download page.
4. After receiving your E-mail, our staff will contact you (via E-mail or Skype), then there will be lots of communications about costs for material, stencil and SMD, and testing or packaging costs if testing and packaging are needed.
5. After confirming with you about the price and delivery time, we will send you a copy of PCBA contract for you to sign.
6. After confirming the contract, you can arrange payment for PCBA project.
7. After payment is received, we will arrange materials procurement, stencil production and surface mounting.
8. After board production is finished, we will deliver it to the shipping address you provided.
Terms of Conditions
1. You need to provide the following documents before we can proceed with the subsequent assessments:
A. If you need us to make PCB production, please provide Gerber file
B. If the material is to be purchased by us, please provide BOM file
BOM file must contain the contents below:
- Material name
- Material quantity
- The corresponding material part number on PCB board
- Material description: Type of material or other remarks, such as color, specification, etc.
- Material Link: the product page of material on websites such as mouser and digikey
C. If it is in need of SMT instead of manual soldering, please provide the stencil file.
D. Bitmap file of the PCB board must be provided, that is, the mark of corresponding position of material part number.
For BOM and bitmap files, we have provided templates which you can download in DOWNLOAD page. If you can supply images or 3D architectural renderings of the finished product, it will help us a lot with pre-assessments.
A. If you need us to make PCB board, we will charge for PCB board production. After we receive gerber files, we will evaluate and then confirm with you.
B. If you need us for material procurement, material procurement costs will be charged. Besides, please note that the price of samples will be higher than that of bulk orders as the material quantity needed is much less. We will confirm with you on material costs after the inquiry.
C. If you need SMT, we will need to make stencil, and we will charge for stencil costs. If it is manual soldering, it is free.
D. Production costs for SMT and soldering. After communicating with the plant about production costs and time, we will ask you for confirmation.
We accept payments via Paypal or W / T. You can choose the payment methods according to your preference and it will be confirmed in the final contract. For prototype PCBA service, we will arrange the procurement and production after receiving the payment. For the specific schedule, we will make it clear in the contract and during previous communications.
The delivery time mentioned here is an estimate under normal circumstances, for reference only. The actual time should be confirmed with the customer.
- PCB production: 4-5 working days
- Material procurement: from inquiry to purchasing, 3-10 working days (If the material is out of stock, we will confirm with the customer for the specific time)
- Stencil production: 2-3 working days
- PCBA production: 5-7 working days after the material arrives
Among which, PCB and stencil production cycles are controllable, and generally there will be no great delay. However, material procurement time is uncontrollable which can only be confirmed after communication with the supplier and the customer.
Attribution of responsibilities
After the customer purchases this service and gets the order number, we will offer less than 50 pieces of samples PCBA services. We are only responsible for procurement and production according to the information provided by the customer, and we are not responsible for helping the customers with file modification or customization.
For material procurement and stencil production costs of PCB board, we will contact you with quotation immediately after we evaluate or inquire the supplier. We will proceed if you confirm. If you do not accept the price, you can find suppliers by yourself for production or procurement, and then send the PCB board, material or stencil to ITEAD STUDIO.
For PCBA quotation and scheduling, we will also communicate with you. PCBA costs depend on the difficulty of soldering and choice of soldering processing methods: manual soldering / machine mounting. If the customer has confirmed the production quotation offered by us, we will send you a contract with costs and schedule. If the customer does not accept the production quotation, we cannot continue to provide production services, the order will be terminated and consulting fee will not be refunded.
In the following conditions, we will not refund consulting fees because of defaults at customer side:
- The customer cannot provide sufficient documentations for production (for example, unable to provide BOM file or contents missing in BOM file), thus service cannot be proceeded.
- Neither the customer accepts PCB board, stencil or material costs nor can he provide it by himself, which causes production terminated.
- The customer does not accept PCBA costs, thus service cannot be proceeded.
- The customer does not accept the arrangement of normal production cycle, thus service cannot be proceeded.
- The customer does not make payments according to the contract confirmed.
In the following conditions, we will refund consulting fees because ITEAD is unable to proceed with the service:
- Customer has provided with sufficient production information, but ITEAD cannot make it as it is out of ITEAD’s capacity.
- In the busy season, the production cycle is too long and the customer cannot accept it.
- Neither ITEAD STUDIO is able to purchase the material nor can the customer provide it.
For this service, if you have any questions, please send E-mail to email@example.com for more information.