Our laser keyboard is evolving. The latest V2 laser keyboard is more compact, more reliable and a 3D printed framework.
Using lasers to create a virtual keyboard? This seems to be only existing in sci-fi movies. Well, with this Laser Keyboard Kit, you will not only be able to tap on laser projections as the keyboard, but also program it to be anything you want, such as a laser multi-touch pad. With a few quick and simple assemblings and calibratings, your laser projection keyboard is ready to glow in the dark!
A laser projection keyboard is a form of computer input device whereby the image of a virtual keyboard is projected onto a surface: when a user touches the surface covered by an image of a key, the device records the corresponding keystroke.The projection is realized in four main steps and via three modules: projection module, sensor module and illumination module. The main devices and technologies used to project the image are a diffractive optical element, red laser diode, CMOS sensor chip and an infrared (IR) laser diode.
Laser Kbd Kit V1 & V2
This Laser Projection Keyboard Kit V2 is based on the open-source laser keyboard project designed by RoboPeak Team. It works just like a standard keyboard on your PC/MAC with the help of the related signal processing software designed by RoboPeak. The signal processing software also supports turning your laser keyboard kit into a multi-touch pad. As an open-source project, you can freely make any changes/improvement to the current design and go through the implementation detail of the kit.
- DIY Laser Keyboard
- Custom interactive input solution
- Custom touch pad
- QWERTY Keyboard
- Pure white 3D printed frame
- Random access to get sexy purple version
- Laser Safety Classification: Class 1M
- Integrate custom 170°wide-angle vision camera (driver free) with 790nm infrared filter
- Linear laser spec: 790nm 10mw
- Dimensions: 5.5cm x 4cm x 10cm(almost half size of the Laser keyboard v1)
- System Compatibility: Windows/MacOS
- Assembly Manual
- Calibration and Usage Manual
- Windows software v1.2
- MacOS software v1.2
- Camera Frame x1
- Laser Keyboard Projector Frame x1
- Power Board Mounting Base x1
- Camera (driver free) x1
- Laser keyboard v2 power board x1
- Linear laser module x1
- Laser Keyboard Projector x1
- M2x8 self-tapping screws x10
- M2x12 self-tapping screws x3
- Cable for camera x1
- Micro USB Cable x1