The Intel® Galileo Gen 2 board is based on the Intel® Quark SoC X1000, a 32-bit Intel Pentium®-class system on a chip (SoC). It is the first board based on Intel® architecture designed to be hardware and software pin-compatible with shields designed for the Arduino Uno R3.
The Galileo board is also software-compatible with the Arduino Software Development Environment, which makes getting started a snap.
In addition to Arduino hardware and software compatibility, the Galileo board has several PC industry standard I/O ports and features to expand native usage and capabilities beyond the Arduino shield ecosystem. A full sized mini-PCI Express slot, 100Mb Ethernet port, Micro-SD slot, USB TTL UART header, USB Host port, USB Client Port, and 8 MByte NOR flash come standard on the board.
The genuine Intel processor and surrounding native I/O capabilities of the SoC provides for a fully featured offering for both the maker community and students alike. It will also be useful to professional developers who are looking for a simple and cost effective development environment to the more complex Intel® Atom™ processor and Intel® Core™ processor-based designs.
Note: The Galileo does NOT come with a USB microB cable, this will need to be purchased separately. We are currently updating our photos to reflect this change by Intel®.
- 1x Intel® Galileo Gen 2 Board
- 1x “Universal” 5V Wall Wart
- Intel® Quark™ SoC X1000 application processor, a 32-bit, single-core, single-thread, Intel® Pentium® processor instruction set architecture (ISA)-compatible, operating at speeds up to 400 MHz.
- Support for a wide range of industry standard I/O interfaces, including a full-sized mini-PCI Express slot, 100 Mb Ethernet port, microSD slot, USB host port, and USB client port.
- 256 MB DDR3, 512 kb embedded SRAM, 8 MB NOR Flash, and 8 kb EEPROM standard on the board, plus support for microSD card up to 32 GB.
- Hardware and pin compatibility with a wide range of Arduino Uno R3 shields.
- Programmable through the Arduino integrated development environment (IDE) that is supported on Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, and Linux host operating systems.
- Support for Yocto 1.4 Poky Linux release.