Grove - UART WiFi is a serial transceiver module featuring the ubiquitous ESP8266 IoT SoC. With integrated TCP/IP protocol stack, this module lets your microcontroller interact with WiFi networks with only a few lines of code. Each ESP8266 module comes pre-programmed with an AT command set firmware, meaning you can send simple text commands to control the device. The SoC features integrated WEP, WPA/WPA2, TKIP, AES, and WAPI engines, can act as an access point with DHCP, can join existing WiFi networks and has configurable MAC and IP addresses.
- Grove 4-pin connector (RX,TX,VCC,GND)
- 802.11 b/g/n protocol (2.4GHz)
- WiFi Direct (P2P), soft-AP
- Supports three modes: AP, STA and AP+STA coexistence mode
- Integrated TCP/IP protocol stack
- LwIP (lightweight IP)
- Integrated low power 32-bit CPU could be reprogrammed as an application processor
- Integrated temperature sensor
- Serial UART Interface
- Multi-queue QoS management
- Wake up and transmit packets in < 2ms
- Metal shielding
- Onboard ceramic antenna
- Reset switch
- Input voltage: 3V / 5V
- Baud Rate: 115200
- Based on ESP8266 ESP-07 SoC
- AT Firmware: esp_iot_sdk_v1.1.0 + Seeed modifications:
- 2x additional AT commands to control blue Link LED.
- Register red WiFi LED to the ESP8266 wifi state LED.
- AT command set
- SDIO 1.1/2.0, SPI, UART
- Five power states: OFF, DEEP_SLEEP, SLEEP, WAKEUP and ON.
- Standby power consumption of < 1.0mW (DTIM=3)
- Integrated TR switch, balun, LNA, power amplifier and matching network
- Integrated PLLs, regulators, DCXO and power management units
- +19.5dBm output power in 802.11b mode
- Power down leakage current of <10uA
- Hardware accelerators for CCMP (CBC-MAC, counter mode), TKIP (MIC, RC4), WAPI (SMS4), WEP (RC4), CRC
- WPA/WPA2 PSK, and WPS driver
- A-MPDU & A-MSDU aggregation & 0.4ms guard interval
- Dimensions: 25.43mm x 20.35mm
Please visit our wiki page for more info about this product. You can share your awesome projects to recipe, where you can find what the other makers will make with this shield as well. For technical support, please post your questions to our forum.