Flyport WiFi Kit is a clever gadget attributed to openPicus. It integrates excellent abilities as WiFi wireless communication, instant Grove access and data processing. Thanks to the great convenience coming with Grove, it just needs one or two Grove modules to turn this Flyport Kit into a mature IoT node.
The heart of this kit is a Flyport WiFi 802.11g module. It’s a miniature system on module featuring a fully integrated 802.11g WiFi interface and a 16 bit PIC processor. openPicus has prepared a free IDE for its Flyport series which efficiently shrinks the development time by managing all the required network interfacing, internet communications protocols and webserver for you.
Coming with the Wi-Fi module is a Grove Nest that serves as ears and hands for the Flyport board. There are 4 Digital, 3 Analog, 1 SPI and 1 I2C Grove sockets on it, so you can have a bite on most Grove sensors and actuators. Don’t worry about the programming. openPicus has been considerate to get a Grove library prepared for your quick and straightforward use.
Last but not the least; a miniUSB programmer is included in this kit as a tool to load in your program.
Need some sensors/actuators to get your hands on? What about monitoring the temperature and humidity condition, checking if any motion exists, or customizing the lighting of your stair? For an overall list of Grove devices supported by Flyport, click here.
- Compact IoT solution
- Complete software support
- Open interfaces to Grove
- Dynamic webpage supported
- Pins remappable
- 16 bits, 16 MIPS, PIC 24FJ256 processor
- 802.11g Wi-Fi certified transceiver
- 256K byte FLASH
- Low power - hibernation mode supported
- UART, I2C, SPI interfaces
- Analog and digital I/O pins
- Micro SD card slot for datalogging
- 2,048V Precise voltage reference onboard (for ADC)
- RTC quartz onboard (32.768Khz)
- Built-in security features
- Ad hoc or infrastructure mode supported
Project : How to turn on a fan using your smartphone