This product was discontinued on Nov.28.
The CMPS10 module is a tilt compensated compass. Employing a 3-axis magnetometer and a 3-axis accelerometer and a powerful 16-bit processor, the CMPS09 has been designed to remove the errors caused by tilting of the PCB.
The CMPS10 produces a result of 0-3599 representing 0-359.9 or 0 to 255. The output of the three sensors measuring x, y and z components of the magnetic field, together with the pitch and roll are used to calculate the bearing, each of these components are also made available in there raw form.
The CMPS10 module requires a power supply at 3.3 - 5v and draws a nominal 25mA of current. There are three ways of getting the bearing from the module. A serial interface, an I2C interface or a PWM output.
The CMPS10 is a replacement for CMPS09. The CMPS09 is not avialble any more.
- Resolution - 0.1 Degree
- Accuracy - Horizontal, 3-4 degrees.
- Accuracy - Tilted to +/- 60 degrees, 4-5 degrees
- Output 1 - I2C Interface, SMBUS compatible, 0-255 and 0-3599 , 100khz
- Output 2 - Serial port, 9600 baud, no parity, 2 stop bits and 3.3v-5v signal levels
- Output 3 - Timing Pulse 1mS to 37mS in 0.1mS increments
- Dimension: 24mm x 18mm