Cactus Micro is an integrated developement board, we have mixed Arduino with WI-FI into a single board. It is targeted for makers to develop low power Internet-Of-Things (IoT) projects quickly and easily.
This revision 2 uses hardware serial port Serial1 as default option. It also Added some jumpers for connect esp8266 GPIO. For uses such as I2C.
What makes it special?
Cactus Micro is a tiny Arduino compatible dev board with integrated esp8266 module (esp-03) making it great for quick and easy prototypes.
- Built-in ESP8266 WIFI module
- ATmega32U4 running at 3.3V/8MHz
- Supported under Arduino IDE 1.0.6
- On-Board micro-USB connector for programming
- 4 x 10-bit ADC pins
- 12 x Digital I/Os (5 are PWM capable)
- Rx and Tx Hardware Serial Connections
Open Arduino IDE and choose board "LilyPad USB" to start playing with your Cactus Micro in just a few easy steps.
How it works
- The ESP8266 chip communicates with ATMega32U4 through the hardware serial port Serial1.
- The pin 13 is connected to pin CH_PD of ESP8266. Put the pin 13 high to enable ESP8266 chip.
- 1 xCactus Micro with ESP8266 module (ESP-03)
- 1x Male headers