The new generation "Beetle" controller derives its core notion from minimalism without compromising functionality. It comes with Atmel AtMega32u4 (datasheet) @16MHz clock time and has expanded amounts of interfaces: 10 digital pins, 5 analog pins and 4 pwn pins. To further make it user-friendly, it is compatible with Micro USB so that direct programming and testing is no longer a headache. Select "Arduino Leonardo (tools >board > Arduino Leonardo in Arduino IDE), the ATmega32U4 comes preburned with a bootloader that allows you to upload any new code that is applicable to Arduino Leonardo.
As a minimalized version of Arduino Leonardo, it enjoys similar powerful functionalities. Beetle aims to solve problems of low-cost controller, ease-of-using properly, and to provide a low cost solution for disposable projects, such as DIY projects, workshops, gift projects, E-Textiles and educational. For students and makers who can not afford too much on hardware purchasing, Beetle can be a great solution for them.
left to right: DFRduino Leonardo, Nano, Nova and Beetle
- 20mm X 22mm compact size
- Direct downloading and testing via Micro USB
- V-shaped large-size gold-plated IO ports make it convenient for the user to twist wires upon, and can also be directly sewn on clothes with conductive thread.
- Two honeycomb shape gold-plated power interface
- Magic light blue soft BLINK indicator
- Microcontroller: ATmega32u4
- Clock Speed: 16 MHz
- Operating Voltage: 5V DC
- Digital I/O Pins: 10
- PWM Channels: 4
- Analog Input Channels: 5
- UART: 1
- I2C: 1
- Micro USB: 1
- Power Ports: 2
- Flash Memory: 32 KB of which 4KB used by bootloader
- SRAM: 2.5 KB
- EEPROM: 1 KB
- Beetle x1