VS1063 is an easy-to-use, versatile encoder, decoder and codec for a multitude of audio formats. They can be hard to get hold of but we’ve got them!
The VS1063 contains a high-performance, proprietary, low-power DSP core as well as ROM memory, 16KiB instruction RAM and up to 80 KiB data RAM for user applications running simultaneously with any built-in decoder! There’s built-in serial control and input data interfaces, up to 12 general purpose I/O pins, a UART, as well as specialized peripherals like a high-quality variable-sample-rate stereo DAC and a stereo ADC, followed by an earphone amplifier and a common voltage buffer.
VS1063 can act both as an MP3 decoder or encoder slave IC in a system with a microcontroller, or as a stand-alone circuit that boots from external SPI memory.
- Encoders: MP3; Ogg Vorbis; PCM; IMA ADPCM; G.711(µ-law,A-law); G.722 ADPCM
- Decoders: MP3 (MPEG 1 & 2 audio layer III (CBR +VBR +ABR)); MP2 (layer II) (optional); MPEG4/2 AAC-LC(+PNS), HE-AAC v2 (Level 3) (SBR + PS); Ogg Vorbis; FLAC; WMA 4.0/4.1/7/8/9 all profiles (5-384kbps); WAV (PCM, IMA ADPCM, G.711 µ-law/A- law, G.722 ADPCM)
- Full Duplex Codecs: PCM;G.711(µ-law,A-law);G.722ADPCM
- Streaming support
- Up to 96KiB RAM for user code and data
- Unique ID for user code protection
- Quiet power-on and power-off
- I2S interface for external DAC
- Serial control and data interfaces
- Can be used either as a slave co-processor or as a standalone processor
- UART for debugging purposes
- New functions may be added with soft- ware and up to 12 GPIO pins
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Little Bird Company Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.