MP3 and MIDI Codec - VS1053B
VS1053b from VLSI is a single-chip Ogg Vorbis/MP3/AAC/WMA/MIDI audio decoder and an IMA ADPCM and user-loadable Ogg Vorbis encoder. It contains a high-performance, proprietary low-power DSP processor core VS DSP4, working data memory, 16 KiB instruction RAMand 0.5+ KiB data RAM for user applications running simultaneously with any built-in decoder, serial control and input data interfaces, upto 8 general purpose I/O pins, an UART, as well as a high-quality variable-sample rate stereo ADC (mic, line, line + mic or 2×line) and stereo DAC, followed by an earphone amplifier and a common voltage buffer.
VS1053b receives its input bitstream through a serial input bus, which it listens to as a system slave. The input stream is decoded and passed through a digital volume control to an 18-bit over-sampling, multi-bit, sigma-delta DAC. The decoding is controlled via a serial control bus. In addition to the basic decoding, it is possible to add application specific features, like DSP effects, to
the user RAM memory.
Available in a LQFP-48 pin 7x7x1.4mm package.
- Decodes multiple formats: Ogg Vorbis, MPEG 1 & 2 audio layer III (CBR+VBR+ABR), layers I & II optional, MPEG4 / 2 AAC-LC(+PNS), HE-AAC v2 (Level 3) (SBR + PS), WMA4.0/4.1/7/8/9 all profiles (5-384 kbps), WAV (PCM + IMA ADPCM), General MIDI 1 / SP-MIDI format 0
- Encodes two different formats: from mic/line in mono or stereo Ogg Vorbis with software plugin, IMA ADPCM
- Streaming support
- EarSpeaker Spatial Processing
- Bass and treble controls
- Operates with a single 12-13 MHz or 24-26 MHz clock
- Internal PLL clock multiplier
- Low-power operation
- High-quality on-chip stereo DAC with no phase error between channels
- Zero-cross detection for smooth volume change
- Stereo earphone driver capable of driving a 30 ohm load
- Quiet power-on and power-off
- I2S interface for external DAC
- Separate voltages for analog, digital, I/O
- 16.5 kiB on-chip RAM for user code and data
- Serial control and data interfaces
- Can be used as a slave co-processor
- SPI flash boot for special applications
- UART for debugging purposes
- New functions may be added with software and up to 8 GPIO pins
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Little Bird Company Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.