Function generators are useful in a ton of applications from RF to embedded logic. They’re not usually super cheap though. Good news: we found a kit. The FG085 MiniDDS Function Generator is a ‘some assembly required’ kit that becomes a flexible, functional and easy to use frequency generator. Just solder the through-hole parts in place, attach the face/base plates and before you know it you’ll be generating sinewaves at frequencies up to 200KHz! But that’s only one of the tricks this thing can do. Three different operating modes allow the FG085 to generate 7 different types of continuous waveform as well as servo test and control signals in micro-second resolution.
The LCD screen and menu system make this an easy instrument to operate. Frequency, amplitude and offsets can all be set with the number pad and incrementally adjusted with the rotary encoder. The incremental step size can even be adjusted to make sweeps over a wide range easier to handle. The FG805 can generate a peak to peak amplitude up to 10V with an offset range from -5 to +5VDC. It can even be used as an adjustable DC voltage source by setting the amplitude to 0.
- FG085 miniDDS Function Generator PCB with SMT parts installed
- Acrylic Faceplate and Baseplate
- Alphanumeric LCD and Headers
- Through-hole Parts Bag
- 15VDC 1A Wall-wart Power Adapter
- Quickstart Assembly Guide
- Output cable (BNC + clips)
- Generates continuous waveforms of Sine, Square, Triangle, Ramp (up and down), and Staircase (up and down)
- Generates servo test/control signals in micro-second resolution with user programmable pulse width, amplitude, and cycle
- Set the frequency (or period), amplitude, and offset with number pad - quick and straight-forward
- Frequency (period), amplitude, and offset can be incrementally adjusted with rotary encoder
- Settings are memorized after power down
- Can be used as an adjustable DC voltage source by setting amplitude to 0
- Frequency range: 0 - 200KHz (Sine)
- Frequency resolution: 1Hz
- Period resolution: 1ms
- Amplitude range: 0 - 10V peak-to-peak
- Offset range: -5V - +5V
- Memory depth: 256 bytes
- Sample rate: 2.5Msps
- Output impedance: 50 ohm
- Power supply voltage: DC 15V
- Current consumption: < 150mA (without loading)
- Dimension: 155 X 55 X 30 mm
- Net weight: 100 gram
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Little Bird Company Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.