This is a breakout board from SparkFun for the Silicon Laboratories Si4703 FM tuner chip. Beyond being a simple FM radio, the Si4703 is also capable of detecting and processing both Radio Data Service (RDS) and Radio Broadcast Data Service (RBDS) information. The Si4703 even does the job of filtering and carrier detection and captures data such as the station ID and song name. The breakout board has 0.1"-spaced pins that work well with standard solderless breadboards and 0.1" perfboards.
The board breaks out all major pins and makes it easy to incorporate this great chip into your next radio project. Also, by plugging headphones into the 3.5mm audio jack, you effectively use the cable in your headphones as an antenna! Therefore, this board does not require an external antenna if used with headphones or a 3.5mm audio cable longer than 3 feet.
Note: SparkFun calls this product the “Evaluation Board for Si4703 FM Tuner”, SKU: WRL-10663.
- Datasheet for the Si4702 FM tuner (322k pdf)
- Datasheet for the TPA6111A2 audio amplifier (1MB pdf)
- Example Arduino code for the Si4703 FM tuner carrier (19k pde)
- Evaluation Board for Si4703 FM Tuner Eagle files. (40k zip)
- Eagle files for the Evaluation Board for Si4703 FM Tuner.
- Evaluation Board for Si4703 FM Tuner schematic (34k pdf)
- Schematic for the Evaluation Board for Si4703 FM Tuner.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Little Bird Company Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.