Raspberry Pi Robotics Australia
Looking to delve into Robotics on the Raspberry Pi?
While there are many options to choose from, here are some beginner-friendly ideas for the popular STS-Pi Robot Kit. All that's needed is a Raspberry Pi board, a Raspberry Pi camera module, the STS-Pi Robot Kit, a Pimoroni Explorer HAT Pro, and a USB power bank.
- STS-Pi Robot Kit: https://www.littlebird.com.au/products/sts-pi-build-a-roving-robot
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ : https://www.littlebird.com.au/products/raspberry-pi-3-model-b-f1990217-84ed-4cd4-a75a-bd1962465bd8
- Alternatively, the latest Raspberry Pi 4 Model B+: https://www.littlebird.com.au/products/raspberry-pi-starter-kit-2gb
(Note: The Raspberry Pi 4 differs in certain aspects from its predecessor such as using USB-C for power and a micro HDMI port. The kit includes the recommended USB-C power supply, micro HDMI cable and other essentials)
- Raspberry Pi camera module: https://www.littlebird.com.au/products/raspberry-pi-camera-board-v2
- Pimoroni Explorer HAT Pro: https://www.littlebird.com.au/products/pimoroni-explorer-hat-pro
(Note: This HAT is great as its plug-and-play, no soldering involved so you can get it up and running very quickly and focus on the fundamentals of physical computing and programming.)
- A super duper portable USB Power bank: https://www.littlebird.com.au/products/usb-battery-pack-for-raspberry-pi-4000mah-5v-1a
- Essential sets of Jumper wires:
Here's a handy guide that utilises all these parts.
If you're looking for something that comes with a clean base/chassis to work on, these swanky yet affordable robotic kits are worth considering:
For the advanced, take a look at the Trikebot.