The BlueSMiRF Silver is a Bluetooth wireless serial link from SparkFun Electronics. This version of the popular BlueSMiRF uses the RN-42 module, which has a bit less range than the RN-41 module. These modems work as a serial (RX/TX) pipe. Any serial stream from 2400 bps to 115200 bps can be passed seamlessly from your computer to your target.
The modem can be powered from 3.3 V to 6 V for easy battery attachment. All signal pins are 3 V to 6 V tolerant. No level shifting is required.
For more information and resources to help you use the BlueSMiRF Silver, see the guide on SparkFun’s site. The RN-42 Bluetooth module datasheet and the Roving Networks Blueooth product user’s guide can be found under the Resources tab.
Warning: Do not attach this device directly to a serial port. You will need an RS232 to TTL converter circuit if you need to attach this to a computer.
This unit does not include any additional hardware or connectors. The 0.1″-spaced holes work well with our breakaway male header pins.
- FCC approved Class 2 Bluetooth radio modem
- Size: 0.15″ × 0.63″ × 1.65″
- Operating voltage: 3.3 V to 6 V
- Very robust link both in integrity and transmission distance (18 m)
- Hardy frequency hopping scheme – operates in harsh RF environments like WiFi, 802.11g, and Zigbee
- Encrypted connection
- Frequency: 2.4 GHz to 2.524 GHz
- Serial communications: 2400 bps to 115200 bps
- Operating temperature: -40 °C to +70 °C
- Built-in antenna
- Firmware version 6.15
Note: SparkFun calls this product the “Bluetooth Modem – BlueSMiRF Silver” SKU: WRL-12577.
|Size:||0.15″ × 0.63″ × 1.65″|
|Minimum operating voltage:||3.3 V|
|Maximum operating voltage:||6 V|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Little Bird Company Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.