This product has been replaced by the 16x2 LCD & Keypad Shield
This simple shield gives you a 16-character by 2-line display and some handy input buttons to allow you to select menu items on the screen. It's great when you want to build a stand-alone project with its own user interface that doesn't require a computer attached to send commands to your Arduino.
Works perfectly in 4-bit mode with the "LiquidCrystal" library included with the Arduino IDE, allowing you to control the LCD with a total of just 6 digital I/O lines. We've deliberately picked D4-D9 so that it doesn't interfere with pins required by other popular shields such as the Ethernet Shield, so you can stack this on top of other shields to give you a local display.
The buttons provide "left", "right", "up", "down", and "select" all while using just one analog input. That leaves the other 5 analog input lines free for you to use in your projects. If mounting the shield in an enclosure with a metal faceplate, ensure the buttons are insulated from the faceplate.
Also includes a contrast control and backlight current limiting.
- 16x2 LCD using HD44780-compatible display module (white characters on blue background)
- Contrast control.
- LCD backlight with current limiting.
- 5 input buttons all on one analog input pin.
- Reset button.
- Power supply smoothing capacitor.
- Gold-plated PCB for maximum durability.
- Overlay printed on both the top and the bottom.
- Pins used by shield clearly marked.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Little Bird Company Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.